BlogMan is a program which I wrote to complement another one of my apps
- Blog. While Blog allows you to maintain a web
log as a standalone system based from your hard disk, BlogMan allows you
to access your web log posts on a remote blogging server such as Blogger,
Movable Type or B2. BlogMan allows
you to retrieve your existing posts, edit them, delete them and create
new posts and then publish them to your server. Depending on the type
of server you access, certain features might be available or not but basically
BlogMan will work with any server which supports the Blogger API or the
- Everything is self-contained - no need for other programs like an
HTML editor or an FTP client.
- Can handle multiple types of blogging servers from the same program.
- Can keep a local copy of all your posts and blog configurations in
case of a server crash.
- A built-in backup utility allows you to create archival ZIP files
of your data.
- You don't have to be online to make posts - you can create your posts
offline and get online only to update your server.
- Built in spell checker and thesaurus. You can have live spellchecking
as you type.
- The ability to assign often used custom HTML tags as menu commands
and toolbar buttons for easy accessibility.
- I use Blogger or B2 - what do the Excerpt and More tabs on the
main screen do? These tabs are to support the features available
in MetaBlog API supporting blogging servers like Movable Type and will
not do anything for Blogger or B2.
Copyright © 2001-2003 Fahim